Monday, July 16, 2012

A Coupon Trip Step by Step

It's been very fun getting back into couponning, and we are already building up our stockpile again.

Here is a great example of how to combines sales with coupons and store promotions to save money.

I found out from the CVS sales ad that if I scanned my CVS card Sunday-Monday, I would get a coupon for $4 off any purchase of $20. That's $20 BEFORE coupons, so that doesn't mean $20 will come out of my pocket.

CVS has a sale on FiberOne granola bars this week, 2 for 5. That's a decent sale, even compared to Walmart. To reach twenty bucks, I need to buy eight boxes. I went online and found several .60 off 1 or .50 off 1 coupons. I also had two $1 off one coupons I clipped from the two boxes I bought Sunday with my $5 ECBs.

I found eight coupons for each of my eight boxes, then went to CVS and scanned my card to get the $4 off coupon.

I bought eight boxes of granola bars, plus an Unreal bar, because they were .75, with .75 back in ECBS for my next purchase.

My total was just a little over 21 dollars. I used my $4 off coupon, which made it $17. Then, I handed over my coupons for the granola bars, and after those, my total was about 11.70 for eight boxes of granola bars and a very yummy Unreal bar, plus I have .75 cents off in ECBs for next week.

Add this purchase to my purchase from yesterday, and I got ten boxes of granola bars, an Unreal bar, and six Milky Way bars for $12.50. I love granola bars, so we will eat some this summer, and have some left over for school.

Any coupon you use will save money, but combining them with sales and promotions is what makes things very cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment